How to Stay Creative and Unique
If you've watched Taika's weirdness before, you know it's brought a unique personality not only to himself but to the films that he's worked on like What We Do In The Shadows and Thor: Ragnorak. In this TED Talk, Taika Waititi advocates being weird in childhood and leaning into it for creativity purposes to lead you to creating unique stories in the future.
- Keep generating stuff, even if it looks bad.
- Pursue a wide range of mediums to express yourself.
- Look at Rousseau art. People thought he couldn't paint, but he just didn't paint in the style of everyone at the time.
- Keep being weird. Your weirdness can lead to great art and creativity.
- Watch bad movies, read bad books to learn what not to do.