Tarantino Dialogue - How Kill Bill Keeps Us Hooked
This video breaks down one of the best scenes of Kill Bill: Vol. 2 where Beatrix finally confronts Bill and they exchange a long scene of dialogue. Learn how Quentin Tarantino makes this long scene of dialogue engaging and how he uses these techniques in his other films.
- The audience should know what's at risk with each scene of long dialogue.
- The longer the scene of dialogue is, the higher the stakes should be.
- Apply a three act structure to a scene of dialogue (examples: set up, power shift, dramatic release or physical, intellectual, emotional)
- Letting your characters tell a story with long dialogue can create suspense and delay the inevitable
- Let your characters tell stories but make sure they are relevant to the characters and add depth to their development.
Avengers Endgame: How to do a Save the World Story
How did Avengers Endgame build tension after the heroes had already lost?
How Mass Effect's Storyworld Could be the Next Game of Thrones
What elements of the story for Game of Thrones made it an epic multi-season show? And why can the story of Mass Effect be the one to replicate this hit?