Tarantino Dialogue - How Kill Bill Keeps Us Hooked
This video breaks down one of the best scenes of Kill Bill: Vol. 2 where Beatrix finally confronts Bill and they exchange a long scene of dialogue. Learn how Quentin Tarantino makes this long scene of dialogue engaging and how he uses these techniques in his other films.
- Create high stakes in a dialogue scene.
- Apply a three-act structure to the dialogue scene (set up, power shift, dramatic release or physical, intellectual, and emotional).
- Let your characters tell a story with long dialogue.
- Make what's at stake clear from the beginning of the scene.
- Ramp up the tension from the beginning.
- Structure distinct sections and movements in the scene to keep it dynamic.
- Let your characters tell stories that reveal character.